Monday, June 7, 2010

Small plates are a good thing

This evening J and I went to the Paella Festival at Jaelo.  I was a little scared of how I would do because I've stayed pretty tight from my first fill and because I have being staying away from grains for the most part just to play it safe.  Well it was a great evening because in addition to José Andrés being there (which was so cool) the food and drinks were delicious!  Thankfully they use very small plates so I was able to eat a few bites of the many different types of paella they offered.  The paellas came out in pans the size of this picture, it was quite the experience.  Just goes to show you can enjoy most of what you want just as long as you go slow and take your time. 

1 comment:

  1. i have been thinking about trying to make some Paella--that one looks yummy.

    I agree that slowly and carefully I can eat almost anything. That was not always the case when I was learning how to chew again but now..pretty much right on.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete