Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chicken tenders not so tender

So now I think I know what it feels like to be "stuck".  This weekend I made a big batch of Baked Panko Chicken Tenders (from www.loveandoliveoil.com) for a yummy high protein lunch option to bring to work.  Everything was going according to plan until today's lunch when all of a sudden BAM, something was not right.  I was stuck.  I took some deep breaths, drank a little water, and took a timeout from lunch.  A minute or two later, although it felt like a lifetime, everything was back to normal.  Now I can't say this was a complete surprise,  I had read from others that chicken (especially after a microwave heat up) can be tough for the band, but I guess I didn't think that would happen to me until at least my first fill.  Never-the-less it was a good lesson learned and a reminder to take even smaller bites and to chew for a little bit longer.  Until next time chicken tender...

No comments:

Post a Comment